Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Aditional Benefits"

A Flasher by Julius
Copyright 2004


Emerging from anaesthetic is magic.

"Welcome back," said the blur.

I mumbled.

She lifted the sheet, "She's going to be very pleased."

I wondered vaguely why my wife would be particularly pleased with a repaired, herniated belly button.

"New technique and pricey," she leaned closer, "four thousand bucks an inch."

"I thought the health plan paid," I said, still out of it, uncaring.

"Not penile enhancement honey."

She sensed my panic, grabbed the clipboard.

Eventually the hospital paid the twelve grand. The hernia? Repaired five weeks later.

The nurse was right though, Cynthia was, is and will ever be, pleased.


*** *** ***


A historical note: Friday saw Julius getting his belly button "done." His fans will be delighted to know he's fine. Sorry Iris, Amanda and others, too numerous to mention but his secret inches remain the same. (Aspire measures in metric by the way, being a funny Canadian .... mind you, it sounds much more impressive in centimetres)

No comments: